Public Services Manager
The City of Birmingham, EOE, is seeking a well-rounded Public Services Manager to provide overall administration and direction of the operations of the City’s street, sewer and water utilities, and fleet and vehicle maintenance garage. The Public Services Manager is involved in special projects and provides general management within the Department of Public Services.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Public Administration, Management or a closely related field, supplemented by relevant professional certifications and/or trainings. MPSI a plus.
· At least 5 - 7 years of progressively responsible experience in public works operations, budgeting, purchasing, capital planning, and fleet management.
· Ability to work independently under general policy direction and exercise independent judgment and initiative.
· Ability to direct and coordinate the activities of staff in a unionized environment, and work effectively with staff at all levels.
· Possession of or ability to obtain S-3 water distribution certification is required.
*Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and Microsoft Office competency.
Wages & Benefits:
This is a full-time position with a salary range of $66,658-$85,280 DOQ. Benefits include Paid Time Off, medical, dental, vision, 401A, Retirement Health Savings, 457, Life Ins, FSA, Short/Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement.